The third episode features a bottle of rum that was gifted to me, and sat in my liquor cabinet for a decade before I opened it for this show. A large bottle of Bundaberg Overproof rum from Australia. It's 57.7% alcohol by volume, so 115.4 Proof.
This episode is best enjoyed with Bundy rum and cola!
Bundaberg Rum's official website: https://www.bundabergrum.com.au/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1888 - Distillery founded
- 1936 - Distillery fire burns the place to the ground
- 1940s - American GI's mix Bundy and Coke and the distillery does too
- 1961(2) - Mascot Bundy R. Bear - a polar bear, is introduced
- 2000 - Brand and distillery purchased by Diageo
- 2014 - Bottling moved to a suburb of Sydney
- 2016 - New visitor center in Bundaberg is opened
Great YouTube Channel with historic videos, including advertisements: https://www.youtube.com/user/BundyShowcase/videos
Bundy and Cola. Mix to your preference.
Bundy Dark and Stormy
- Fill a high ball glass with ice
- Squeeze in some fresh lime juice
- Fill with Bundaberg Brewed Ginger Beer
- Top with 1 oz. Bundy Rum to create the "stormy" effect
- Garnish with a lime wedge
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com