Episode 102 features Patrón Silver Tequila. Boxed and bottled in a handmade glass bottle that's 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof and it retails for $50.
Enjoy this episode with a neat pour of Patrón Tequila!
The official website for Patrón: https://www.patrontequila.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1989 - John Paul Dejoria and Martin Crowley wonder what the aristocrats in Mexico drink, Martin Crowley finds it at Casa Sieta Leguas
- 1989 - John Paul Dejoria and Martin Crowley form the Patron Spirits Company, securing 100% of production from a distillery in Mexico, as well as the services of Francisco Alcaraz, who would become Master Distiller
- 1991 - Patrón hold a blind tasting event at Spago in West Hollywood with a celebrity guest list
- 2000 - Ed Brown is hired as CEO
- 2002 - Patrón begins setting up their own production facility, what would become Hacienda Patrón
- 2003 - Founder Martin Crowley dies, kicking off a 5 year legal battle for control of the brand
- 2006 - Patrón reaches 1 million 9-liter equivalent case sales
- 2008 - John Paul Dejoria acquires 70% of Patrón with Bacardi owning 30%
- 2012 - Patrón reachs 2 million 9-liter equivalent case sales
- 2018 - Bacardi buys John Paul Dejoria out of his stake in Patrón for $5.1 Billion USD
- 2020 - Case sales are 3.1 million
Please try Patrón neat, then mix as you like in your favorite cocktails that call for tequila.
The Patrón Way by Ilana Edelstein, published in 2013 with a forward by John Paul Dejoria
Forbes article "The Truth Behind Patrón's Tequila Empire (may require subscription)
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf