Episode 106 features Myers's Rum - Original Dark from Jamaica. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof. It retails for $20.
Enjoy this episode with a Myers's Planter's Punch!
The official website for Myers's Rum: https://www.myerssrum.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1879 - Fred L. Myers founds the Myers's Rum brand
- 1920s - The brand finds popularity as an inclusion in the Planter's Punch, adding this to their brand description
- 1954 - Eustace Myers sells the brand to Seagram's
- 2000 - Diageo acquires Myers's when Seagram's implodes
- 2018 - The Sazerac Company acquires the brand from Diageo
Try the Planter's Punch.
- 1 part fresh squeeze lime juice
- 2 parts simple syrup
- 3 parts Myers's Original Dark Rum
- 4 parts ice
- Dash of bitters
- Orange wheel as garnish
Add all ingredients into a shaker, shake, then strain into a highball filled with fresh shaved ice. Garnish and serve.
And a Bottle of Rum by Wayne Curtis
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf