Episode 106: Myers's Rum
Episode 106 features Myers's Rum - Original Dark from Jamaica. Bottled in 750ml at 40% ABV, or 80 proof. It retails for $20.
Enjoy this episode with a Myers's Planter's Punch!
The official website for Myers's Rum: https://www.myerssrum.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1879 - Fred L. Myers founds the Myers's Rum brand
- 1920s - The brand finds popularity as an inclusion in the Planter's Punch, adding this to their brand description
- 1954 - Eustace Myers sells the brand to Seagram's
- 2000 - Diageo acquires Myers's when Seagram's implodes
- 2018 - The Sazerac Company acquires the brand from Diageo
Try the Planter's Punch.
- 1 part fresh squeeze lime juice
- 2 parts simple syrup
- 3 parts Myers's Original Dark Rum
- 4 parts ice
- Dash of bitters
- Orange wheel as garnish
Add all ingredients into a shaker, shake, then strain into a highball filled with fresh shaved ice. Garnish and serve.
Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails Book Excerpt
The Fat Rum Pirate Myers's Rum Review
Rum Label Collection Website Featuring Myers's Rum
And a Bottle of Rum by Wayne Curtis
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf