Episode 111: Tia Maria
Episode 111 features Tia Maria. Bottled in 750ml at 26.5% ABV, or 53 proof and it retails for about $31.
Enjoy this episode with a pour of Tia Maria on ice or in an Espresso Martini.
Tia Maria's official website: https://www.tiamaria.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1947 - Tia Maria is created with Dr. Kenneth Evans as the named founder
- 1980s - Hiram Walker acquires the brand
- 2005 - Pernod Ricard ends up with Tia Maria through acquisitions
- 2009 - Pernod Ricard sells Tia Maria to Illva Saronno
Tia Maria is claimed to be the first coffee liqueur used in an Espresso Martini, so try it that way.
Tia Espresso Martini
- 25ml Tia Maria
- 25ml Vodka
- Single or Double Shot of Espresso
- 3 coffee beans for garnish
Shake all ingredients with ice, double strain into a chilled Martini glass, garnish with three coffee beans.
Wikipedia Article on Tia Maria
Press Release on Pernod Ricard sale to Illva Saronno
Press Release on new bottle design
Cocktail-Society.com Article on Tia Maria
Trade Focused Sales Sheet PDF, circa 2020
Tia Maria's first TV Ad on YouTube
Product Listing for Vanilla Beans Defining Bourbon Vanilla
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf