Episode 114 features Jeppson's Malört. Bottled in 750ml at 35% ABV, or 70 proof and it retails for about $22.
Enjoy this episode with a shot of Jeppson's Malört straight.
Jeppson's Malört official website: https://www.jeppsonsmalort.com/
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1880s - Carl Jeppson immigrates to Chicago, Illinois, USA from Sweden
- 1920s - Carl Jeppson begins making and selling door to door his own bask brännvin, later to be named Malört
- 1933 - Carl Jeppson sells Malört to Bielzoff Products
- 1945 - George Brode buys Bielzoff Products, eventually renaming the company Red Horse Liquors
- 1953 - George Brode sells Red Horse Liquors, except for Malört
- 1986 - Mar-Salle Distillery in Chicago, who had been making Malört since 1953, closes so production moves to Kentucky
- 1999 - George Brode dies, leaving Jeppson's Malört to his friend and long-time secretary Patricia Gabelick
- 2007 - The hastag #malortface catches on in Chicago with photos shared online
- 2011 - Chicago comedian Sam Mechling begins promoting Malört on Twitter and Facebook, eventually raising the ire of Patricia Gabelick
- 2012 - Sam Mechling officially joins the Carl Jeppson Company
- 2018 - CH Distillery in Chicago buys the Carl Jeppson Company and Jeppson's Malört bringing production back to Chicago
- 2020 - The brand was selling about 20,000 9-liter equivalent cases annually
Don't mess around, you just take shots of Jeppson's Malört.
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf